What Are: The High-Level Prerequisites for Kerberos Setup in ScaleArc?
What is the checklist to be considered as a prerequisite prior to initiating ScaleArc Kerberos Cluster creation?
Below are the list of checks to be considered as a prerequisite that needs to be setup Outside of ScaleArc -
- Identify your domain user which has Domain Admin privilege, to be used by ScaleArc for joining the AD and ScaleArc Cluster creation
- All your SQL servers, which are candidate to be added to ScaleArc cluster are added to the domain "Add computers to Domain"
- Identify the 'Account Name' that is running the SQL Server services. Ideally, this should be the same Domain Admin user that was identified in step 1.
Above is applicable to all SQL Servers that will be added to ScaleArc cluster
This will be relevant while adding delegations within your DNS server
- DNS Entries [A & PTR] must be added for -
- ScaleArc host
- ScaleArc VIP
- AG Listener
- Identify NTP server (which your domain and SQL Server are part of) to be added in ScaleArc
- Verify that ScaleArc hostname does not have any special characters such as underscore or period and they are all lower case
- ScaleArc's machine account must have minimum privileges on SQL Server
- SSMS --> Security --> Logins --> New Login --> ScaleArc_Hostname$
- Grant Permissions -->
"View Any Definition"
"View Server status"
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.