What are the Minimum Privileges Required for a "root" User to Create a MySQL Cluster in ScaleArc?
To Create a MySQL Cluster in ScaleArc the 'root' (Cluster Creation User) must have the following privileges:
- REPLICATION CLIENT
- REPLICATION SLAVE
To add an User to the cluster, The user must have atleast SELECT privileges and permissions to connect to the database from the Scalearc Node IP address.
The following list provides a general description of each privilege:
- The SELECT privilege enables you to select rows from tables in a database. SELECT statements require the SELECT privilege only if they actually retrieve rows from a table. Some SELECT statements do not access tables and can be executed without permission for any database. The SELECT privilege is also needed for other statements that read column values.
- The INSERT privilege enables rows to be inserted into tables in a database. INSERT is also required for the ANALYZE TABLE, OPTIMIZE TABLE, and REPAIR TABLE table-maintenance statements.
- The REPLICATION CLIENT privilege enables the use of SHOW MASTER STATUS and SHOW SLAVE STATUS. In MySQL 5.1.64 and later, it also enables the use of the SHOW BINARY LOGS statement.
- The REPLICATION SLAVE privilege should be granted to accounts that are used by slave servers to connect to the current server as their master. Without this privilege, the slave cannot request updates that have been made to databases on the master server.
- The SUPER privilege enables an account to use CHANGE MASTER TO, KILL or mysqladmin kill to kill threads belonging to other accounts (you can always kill your own threads).
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315.
For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.