How To: Troubleshoot Latency issues in ScaleArc?
While ScaleArc by design introduces negligible delays and is more like a proxy for Database traffic. Below document covers troubleshooting approaches that can be followed to narrow down if there is in fact any latency induced by scaleArc. It is important to understand that several factors can contribute towards delay's and latency. As such, below approach's might all need to be used on an iterative basis.
More than often times it is hard to pin point the exact cause of latency as multiple aspects including but not limited to 'Network', 'Hardware', 'Database Load' could play part in causing latency. ScaleArc being in between application clients and Database, needs to be analyzed for which part of traffic journey is causing the latency.
- Analyze SAR data to review ScaleArc's Resource usage [This data is covered as part of ScaleArc Log collection. No additional script required]
- Analyze Query Logs to determine at which stages the queries are consuming majority of time [This data is covered as part of ScaleArc Log collection. No additional script required]
- Use Latency Tool to analyze epolls [Script attached in the article needs to be staged in ScaleArc appliance]
- Checking Top Output for Interrupts [Needs to be peformed real time while traffic is running]
- Use Softnet_Stat script to identify packet loss, interupts per core etc [Script attached in the article needs to be staged in ScaleArc appliance]
- Distribution of IRQ Affinity [Script attached in the article needs to be staged in ScaleArc appliance]
- ScaleArc log collection [Script attached in the article needs to be staged in ScaleArc appliance]
- Verbose debug log to collect TCP Dump [Needs to be peformed real time while traffic is running]
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org