How To: If a Split Brain Occurs How to Resolve Quickly?
If there is HA Split Brain situation then how to recover from it quickly ?
• Try to identify Secondary ScaleArc prior to split brain situation.
If you are not sure, try below 2 methods to possibly identify which was secondary
# cat /etc/ha.d/haresources
host displayed here is usually primary
# cat /logs/ha_idb.log
This could reveal primary / secondary stance prior to split brain situation
• Login to Secondary ScaleArc UI and navigate to "SETTINGS > HA Settings" and Restart. [This would restart heartbeat on Secondary ScaleArc and try to Auto resolve split brain]
• If above would NOT resolve the issue then perform following -
- SSH into Secondary ScaleArc and stop Heartbeat service using below command -
|# sudo service heartbeat stop|
- Login to Primary ScaleArc UI and restart heartbeat
- Above 2 steps should resolve from split brain situation
- Now start Heartbeat service on Secondary ScaleArc using below command
|# sudo service heartbeat start
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.