How To: Generate gcore of a process so it can be downloaded from the UI?
|v3.6.1 & up||Information||
- How to capture gcore of a PID (such as ScaleArc process) so it can be downloaded or SFTP from the ScaleArc UI
- Below steps to be followed -
- Login to ScaleArc's SSH
- Get the PID of process for gcore (example idblb_cid process)
ps -ef|grep idblb_
- Run gcore
gcore <PID> (will generate a core.PID file under /cache)
- You can monitor tar ball creation as below
ps -ef|grep tar
- This will trigger an alert in UI about Core Dump being generated
- This core dump tarball can be downloaded from the UI "LIVE MONITOR>diagnostics" or from the SSH --> /logs/debuglogs/final
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com