How to copy cluster configuration to a new ScaleArc instance
|Release||Document Status||DB Platform||Categories|
|3.4 or higher||INFO||All||Cluster Settings|
How to copy cluster configurations to a new ScaleArc instance?
- Old instance on version 3.2 or higher, new instance on version 3.2 or higher.
note: if copying from versions 3.1 or prior, upgrade to 3.2 or higher before copying the data.
- SSH console access to both old and new instances of ScaleArc.
Copying the data:
On the old instance:
1. tar the entire /system/ directory:
> cd /tmp/
> tar cvfz system.tz /system/*
2. sftp the tar file to the new system:
> sftp idb@newsystem
> cd /tmp
> put /tmp/system.tz
On the new instance:
3. stop analytics from the UI: Settings>System Settings>System Status tab>Stop Analytics
4. stop scalearc from the UI: Settings>System Settings>System Status tab>Stop ScaleArc
5. stop watchdog from ssh console: > service idb_watchdog stop
6. untar the file to overwrite entire /system:
> cd /
> tar xvfz /tmp/system.tz
7. start watchdog: > service idb_watchdog start
8. start analytics from UI: Settings>System Settings>System Status tab>Start Analytics
9. start scalearc from UI: Settings>System Settings>System Status tab>Start ScaleArc
Check that cluster settings on the new instance are correct. Check cache rules are correct.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.