This is a standard KB template for issue
How to Configure SMTP email Alerts on AWS using "Alert.py" Script.
To Configure SMTP email Alerts on AWS using "Alert.py" Script. Please performe the below Steps on your environment.
- Access to root user in ScaleArc via SSH.
- Take the backup of alert.pyc (Alert Engine Service)
# mv /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.pyc /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.pyc.bak
- Upload the alert.py script (Attached below) onto /tmp directory
local computer$ scp -i SSH_KEY_FILE ~/alert.py root@<AWS IP Address>:/tmp/
- Modify the alert.py to replace its FROM address FROM_EMAIL = "email@example.com" to Email Address you wish.
- Please Make Sure that TO and FROM Email Address Must be verified with AWS. Refer this link for verification of Email id`s.
- Replace the script with one attached on this message
# cp /tmp/alert.py /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/idb/cmd/alert_engine/alert.py
- Restart Alert Engine
# sh /etc/init.d/alert_engine stop
# sh /etc/init.d/alert_engine start
- Verify the FROM address has been modified by sending a test e-mail
# tail -f /logs/service/alert_engine.log
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315.
For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com