How to configure High Availability (HA) on ScaleArc v3.8 or later
|Release||Document Status||DB Platform||Categories|
|3.8 or higher||INFO||All||High Availibility|
How to configure High Availability (HA) on Scalearc v3.8 or later + Heartbeat configurations
High Availability (HA) allows a pair of ScaleArc servers to function as a redundant cluster. This KB describes the steps to configure High Availability cluster pair in ScaleArc.
Pre-Requisites to configure HA:
Create two scalearc v3.8 or later instance which are:
- Both instances must be reachable to each other
- Their ScaleArc configuraiton must be identical in terms of:
- Instance Type (CPU,Memory,Disk)
- ScaleArc release version (i.e. ScaleArc v3.8.2)
- ScaleArc License (Cores, Cluster size, Cache Size)
- Go to Settings in Scalearc UI and select HA settings.
Go to Settings >> HA settings:
Click on Configure and change the Keep Alive and DeadTime parameters.
Please refer this link for recommended configuration on virtual environment.
-> KeepAlive(ms): 7000ms
* Please Note: If the following warning message appears while trying to change the KeepAlive time 'KeepAlive time should be less than half of DeadTime' then please increase the DeadTime value first before changing the KeepAlive time.
-> DeadTime(Sec): 15sec
-> WarnTime(ms): 7500ms(*automatically set*)
- Configure HA
On the Primary Scalearc Node Go to Settings >> HA settings
Enter Remote Interface (Interface of the Secondary Node) and Remote IP (Internal IP of the Secondary Node).
Click on “Add as Secondary” and enter the UI credentials of the Secondary Scalearc Instance.
A confirmation message is seen once HA configuration is completed.
We can check the HA Configuration under Settings >> HA settings.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com