How to configure High Availability (HA) on AWS in ScaleArc v3.8 or later
|3.8 - 188.8.131.52||Information||ALL||High Availibility|
Configure HA on AWS in ScaleArc v3.8 or later
How to configure High Availability (HA) on AWS in Scalearc v3.8 - v184.108.40.206?
High Availability (HA) allows a pair of ScaleArc servers to function as a redundant cluster. This KB describes the steps to configure High Availability cluster pair in ScaleArc on AWS.
Pre-Requisites to configure HA on AWS:
Create two scalearc v3.8 or later instance in AWS which are:
- Both instances must be able to reach each other
- The ScaleArc configuration must be identical in terms of:
- Instance Type (i.e. m4.2xlarge)
- ScaleArc release version.
- ScaleArc License (Cores, Cluster size, Cache Size)
- Replace localhost.domain with actual Hostname of the machine on both instances in ha.cf configuration file. ha.cf is present at location /etc/ha.d/ha.cf
- Start HEARTBEAT service
$ service heartbeat restart
Configure HA on AWS:
- Enable SSH
By default we are unable to see the HA Settings in the Settings tab. To see the HA setting tab we need to access the Scalearc server using SSH.
Please refer this link to enable SSH access using UI.
- Modify instance type
Once we login to scalearc server using SSH, use the following command on both the scalearc servers :
- Modify HEARTBEAT parameters
Go to Settings in Scalearc UI and check if the HA settings are visible.
- Go to Settings >> HA settings:
- Click on Configure and change the Keep Alive and DeadTime parameters.
Please refer this link for recommended configuration on virtual environment.
-> KeepAlive(ms): 1000ms
-> DeadTime(Sec): 5 sec
-> WarnTime(ms): 2500ms(*automatically set*)
- On the Primary Scalearc Node Go to Settings >> HA settings
- Enter Remote Interface (Interface of the Secondary Node) and Remote IP (Internal IP of the Secondary Node).
- Click on “Add as Secondary” and enter the UI credentials of the Secondary Scalearc Instance.
- A confirmation message is seen once HA configuration is completed.
- We can check the HA Configuration under Settings >> HA settings.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com