|184.108.40.206 +||Information||ALL||High Availability|
How to configure HA in ScaleArc v 220.127.116.11 or Later in Cloud environment (AWS / Azure).
How to configure HA in ScaleArc v 18.104.22.168 or Later in Cloud environment (AWS / Azure)?
High Availability (HA) allows a pair of ScaleArc servers to function as a redundant cluster.
This KB describes the steps to configure High Availability cluster in ScaleArc on Cloud environment (AWS / Azure).
Pre-Requisites to configure HA:
- Create two ScaleArc v22.214.171.124 or later Instances
- The Network Interface on which the HA will be configured should be assigned a STATIC IP Address and it should be visible in the ScaleArc UI.
- The following types of IP address are not recommended to be used for HA configuration.
- Elastic IP address in AWS.
- Dynamically assigned IP address (DHCP).
- NATted IP addresses.
- Both ScaleArc Nodes must be able to reach each other over the network.
- The configuration of both the ScaleArc nodes must be identical.
- Choose an Option to Configure Fencing: ScaleArc Fencing intelligently resolves a split-brain situation between two nodes in HA mode. The algorithm employs a 'capture the flag technique' which requires storage of metadata reliably along the traffic path. This storage can be a database server configured inside a ScaleArc cluster, a -third– party external database server, or a Linux-based SSH server.
- On the Primary Scalearc Node, Go to Settings >> HA settings:
- Select an option for fencing. (Scalearc cluster / External DB server / SSH Server). We recommend you to go for SSH Server in case of AWS.
- Enter Remote Interface (Interface of the Secondary Node) and Remote IP (Internal IP of the Secondary Node).
- Click on “Configure HA” and enter the UI credentials of the Secondary Scalearc Instance, Click "Submit" once done.
- ScaleArc will ask you to login to the Primary Node once HA configuration is successfully completed.
- Log in and check the HA Configuration under Settings >> HA settings.
- Configure the Elastic load balancer. For the Load balancer configuration in ScaleArc refer the following articles:
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of its features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315.
For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com