|3.0 +||How To||ALL
The idblog_collector.sh script can be used to collect all the necessary logs from the ScaleArc appliance.
This Script creates a tar.gz archive which can be uploaded to the ScaleArc`s sFTP server for further analysis.
Current version: 5.4
Below are the instructions to run it on your ScaleArc appliances:
- Download idblog_collector.sh onto your local computer.
- Upload the script from your local computer to ScaleArc via File Zilla or WinSCP.
- Set the permissions to make it executable
$ sudo chmod +x idblog_collector.sh
- Run the script with DATE option:
$ sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=YYYYMMDD
- Please replace YYYYMMDD with the date for which to collect the logs for.
e.g. sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=20160111
- To Collect the logs for a particular hour mention the hour after the date:
$ sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=YYYYMMDDHH
e.g. sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=2016011112
- To collect the logs for a particular cluster mention the cluster id:
$ sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=YYYYMMDD -x=<CID>
e.g. sudo sh idblog_collector.sh --date=20160111 -x=2
- The log collector script would create a tar archive file in /data/logs/log_<time stamp> folder.
- The script output provides the exact location and name of the tar archive file upon the completion of execution.
- Upload the collected logs onto the ScaleArc sFTP server (upload.scalearc.com).
Important Usage Note
The log collector script uses colored text to indicate various sorts of messages. Its main color for informational messages is white. Users will note that the default background color on MacOS for terminal windows is white. Should you use this default when opening a terminal window and logging in to the ScaleArc appliance, and then attempt to run the log collector script, you will be unable to see the messages the script is printing out, and since some of the messages require acknowledgment from the user. Each input prompt presented to the user has a default choice of "y". There is a five-second timeout value set for each prompt. If no selection is made and the input timeout value expires, then the script will continue execution as if a choice of "y" had been entered. ScaleArc recommends that you use a terminal window with a black background to avoid this problem.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of its features, please contact ScaleArc Support.
We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315.
For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: email@example.com