How does ScaleArc handle encrypted DB data ?
|Release||Document Status||DB Platform||Categories|
How does ScaleArc handle DB data encrypted on the field level ?
Encrypting database column data makes no difference to ScaleArc, apart from case in No. 5.
1. ScaleArc still sees the data, but just an encrypted version.
2. Query caching is based on pattern matching, so caching of encrypted data is fully supported too.
3. Load-balancing, Read/Write split, auto-failover, analytics and security features all apply as well.
4. TTL based caching functionality is also not affected by encrypted data.
5. Auto-cache invalidation feature may get affected, because ScaleArc matches the value of a column in the 'where' clause. In case the encrypted data change over time, e.g. encryption is based on some salt or a key, ScaleArc will not be able to invalidate the cache.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.