How to deploy ScaleArc for MYSQL on Google Cloud Platform from Cloud Launcher
|Release||Document Status||DB Platform||Categories|
How to deploy ScaleArc for MySQL on Google Cloud Platform from Cloud Launcher?
ScaleArc database load balancing is available on the Google Cloud Platform as a virtual machine. The VM image contains the latest version of ScaleArc, optimized for use with Google Cloud Platform Computer Engine.
- Google Cloud Platform account.
- MySQL (Google Cloud Engine) Database servers on Cloud VMs
- Google Cloud SQL (DBaaS) is NOT supported
1. Access the ScaleArc for MySQL page in Google Cloud Launcher and click on the Launch On Compute Engine button:
2. Create a new VM instance and specify the deployment name, zone, machine type, and boot disk.
Note: The minimum VM size supported is 4 cores. In the Firewall section, make sure to allow http, https, ssh, and 3306 traffic check boxes.
3. Click the Deploy button. The Google Deployment Manager confirms that ScaleArc was deployed successfully.
4. Once the instance is launced, you can browse to the site address to setup ScaleArc. When you connect to the ScaleArc UI for the first time, ScaleArc presents the Inital Configuration Wizard. This wizard captures the basic system settings needed by ScaleArc to operate. You will need to input the randomly generated "Admin Password (Temporary)" from the deployment manager into the "GCP Password" field. For full details of the configuration process, and for instruction on administering ScaleArc, see the ScaleArc for MySQL admin guide.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.
2901 Tasman Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org