How to deploy AWS RDS-Aurora instances
|3.10 or higher
How to deploy AWS Aurora instances?
How to deploy AWS RDS instance
- Access to ScaleArc's AWS account with full user permissions for EC2 and RDS.
Log into AWS IAM portal: https://signin.aws.amazon.com
- Click - RDS
- Before we begin with the Aurora creation, ScaleArc requires parameters for max_connect_errors to be set to 999999 and max_connections to be set to 10000 as a requirement to create a cluster. We will configure those first: Click --> Parameter Groups
- Click --> Create Parameter Group
- Provide the parameter group family and group name. In this case, we will be using Aurora 5.6. Click --> Create
- Select the new parameter group and Click --> Edit Parameters
- Add the following values and Click --> Save Changes
- Click --> RDS Dashboard --> Launch an Aurora DB Instance
- Specify DB Details - This is where you can decide what size VM instance to deploy, multi AZ launch for a replica, and configure the name of the logical cluster name and the master user.
- For testing purposes, the below settings are sufficient: --> Next Step
- Configure Advanced Settings - This is where you can specify the network and security settings. For DB parameter setting, choose the parameter group created above.
- For testing purposes, the below VPC and security groups are sufficient --> Launch DB Instance
- Navigating the RDS console:
- Click RDS master instance
- Instance Actions
- Create Replica
- Each database endpoint has its own DNS name. The instance with the Writer role is the instance that is accessed from the Aurora cluster endpoint.
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.