How To: Export and Import Write Ignore Rules using ScaleArc API?
|v3.6.1 and above
Please contact ScaleArc Support to assist with this procedure
How to export "Write Ignore Rules" from one ScaleArc appliance and import it into another ?
ScaleArc API can be leveraged to export all Rules from source ScaleArc which can later be imported into destination ScaleArc using curl or PowerShell. Below are the steps to follow
- For this example, lets choose a ScaleArc with MSSQL DB having 4 'Stored Procedures' in Write Ignore Rule as shown -
- Go to "SETTINGS > API" and hit "Get Apikey" and login
- Select relevant API from the drop down Hit "GET" as shown -
- Hit "ID" button to choose relevant "Cluster" and "Database" to feed into the curl command as shown -
- Hit "EXECUTE" to get all write ignore rules that are currently present for that Database as shown -
- Login to the ScaleArc where you want to import these rules.
note - Make sure that the Database into which 'Write Ignore Rules' need to be imported is added under "Users & DBs"
For instance in below example, ScaleArc does not have relevant 'Database' added under "Users & DBs", as such it does not appear under "Write Ignore Rules" as well as shown below -
- After adding relevant Database under "Users & DBs" you will be able to see that DB under "Write Ignore Rules" as shown -
- Go to "SETTINGS > API" and hit "Get Apikey" and login. Than select relevant API from the drop down Hit "ADD" as shown -
- Hit "ID" and select relevant "Cluster" and "Database" to feed in relevant id's to the curl command as shown -
- Copy the curl command into an editor and prepare a script based on value's received from source [output of "GET" from source]
You will need to feed in "patternid", "rule" and "status" as shown below -
- Copy above script and paste into destination ScaleArc's API page as shown -
- Hit "EXECUTE" and wait for few seconds until you see "success" message along with a "timestamp" as shown -
- Verify under "CLUSTERS>Cluster Settings>ScaleArc>Write Ignore" is those rules got added successfully as shown -
If you are experiencing issues with ScaleArc or with any of it's features, please contact ScaleArc Support. We are available 24x7 by phone at 855 800 7225 or +1 408 412 7315. For general support inquiries, you can also e-mail us at email@example.com.